The NSRI has partnered with the Discovery Vitality MoveToGive initiative, which means you can now donate your Discovery Miles to the NSRI.
In honour of International Water Safety Day in May, you can use your Discovery Miles to help the NSRI continue fulfilling their purpose of saving lives on South African waters.
Depending on how many miles you donate, you’ll be able to either sponsor water safety education lessons, or contribute towards a Pink Rescue Buoy or a lifeguarding programme.
“These kinds of partnerships are very important to the NSRI, not only because of the direct impact the contributions made by the likes of Discovery make, but also by the connectivity that happens when they engage their markets and we engage ours,” says NSRI Corporate Relationship and Retail Manager, Stuart Moerdyk. “Shared values shine through for the best outcomes for both organisations and in our case it means we get to save more lives.”
The NSRI has had a long history with Discovery Health, with the organisation having sponsored waverunners and boats in the past. This new partnership seems like a natural progression for the relationship.
“I was dealing with Discovery Insurance about partnering with the NSRI on a number of other projects including our Emergency Operations Centre, our Bravo Bravo education platform and our corporate partnership programme,” Stuart says. “It was during these talks that we asked if we could get involved in the Vitality MoveToGive programme. It is really fantastic to be collaborating with them again. I hope that great things will come from this campaign. Thank you, Discovery!”
Here’s how the Discovery Miles allocation will work, and how you can get involved:
- For 200 Discovery Miles, you can sponsor a water safety lesson for two children from underprivileged backgrounds.
- For 540 Discovery Miles, you can sponsor a survival swimming lesson for an underprivileged child which includes basic skills like staying afloat, breath control and propelling through water.
- For 1 000 Discovery Miles, you can contribute towards placing emergency Pink Pescue Buoys at key spots near beaches, dams and inland rivers.
- For 2 000 Discovery Miles, you can contribute towards placing lifeguards at key beaches on weekends, public holidays and other peak periods.
How to donate your Discovery Miles to the NSRI using the Discovery app.
- Activate Vitality Active Rewards in the latest version of the Discovery app.
- Achieve your exercise, drive or money goals to earn a play on the gameboard.
- Pick a tile on the gameboard to reveal Discovery Miles.
- Spend your Discovery Miles on Vitality MoveToGive charity donations.
Creating a lifelineRead More
It was a busy Sunday for NSRI crew out in Mossel, Bay, KZN's North Coast and St Lucia. ...
SHARK ALERT: NSRI and the City of Cape Town (CoCT) are appealing to bathers, paddlers, surfers and sail boarders to be cautious in the Strand vicinity where a large whale carcass has been located close in-shore, on Friday afternoon, 2 ...