1 Invitation to Tender: NSRI Online E-Learning Platforms.
2 Outline: The National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa (NSRI) (hereinafter referred to as “Sea Rescue”), requires a service provider for the hosting, management, maintenance & development of its online e-learning platforms. The two sites are: “nsritrainingacademy.com” (free for use by Sea Rescue Members) and “bravobravo.co.za” (free for use by the general public)
3 Scope of Services required:
The following is a list of required services. This list is not exhaustive or definitive and merely provides a broader outline of requirements.
3.1 Conversion of NSRI courses into online training material
• Check courses for possible issues / errors / omissions
• Create graphics / videos / animations / diagrams / photos to improve course effectiveness and user interface
• Populate / importing online courses with the material
• Extract and setup effective and applicable questions to test knowledge of end users
• Manage a test server environment, with a Quality Assurance process in place before courses are to be released for production
• Deployment of new courses to the live system
• Inform all stakeholders of new courses loaded
3.2 Maintenance and updating of existing courses
• Handle correspondence and feedback from end users as well as Training Officers with regards to material
• Technical support via an automated ticketing system
• Establish merit of suggested changes / updates / corrections from end users
• Ensure that courses are up to date by applying corrections / improvements as needed
• Provide regular automated or query-based statistics and reports on crew progress
• Inform all stakeholders of important changes
3.3 Software maintenance and user interface
• Ensure the core / themes and plugins of LMS are up to date and secure
• Make custom changes and improvements to the user interface (theme / layout, colour, fonts etc.)
• Write and implement custom code modifications / plugins when needed
• Implement integration with other systems via API / custom code / custom plugins
• Track all code changes with git (GitHub)
3.4 Manage and maintain dedicated development, test and production server environments
• Creating and manage a stable and adaptable server environment to grow with demands
• Do regular server maintenance tasks like server upgrades, server health checks, managing storage etc.
• Manage and maintain a backup and disaster recovery system of the code base as well as the server architecture
• Monitor system for traffic spikes or any irregularities like malware infections
• Handle any technical issues that may occur with the hosting architecture
4. CONDITIONS OF TENDER:
4.1 By participating in this tender you are indicating your acceptance to be bound by the conditions and requirements set out in this document.
4.2 Please direct any questions regarding this tender content or process to Mr. Herby Meth via e-mail: email@example.com . All questions should be submitted in writing.
4.3 Sea Rescue, as represented in paragraph 2 above, reserve their rights to disqualify and reject proposals from tenderers who do not comply with these requirements and conditions.
4.4 As part of this tender process, Sea Rescue, as represented in paragraph 2 above, make no obligations in any way to:
• pay anyone for the tenders or quotes received; or
• award the service level contract to the lowest or any tenderer; or
• accept any information received from tenderers; or
• include anyone responding to this tender, in any future invitation; or
• any other commitment to anyone responding to this tender, whatsoever.
4.5 Whilst care and attention has been exercised in the preparation of this document, it remains subject to the conclusion of a service level contract with the successful tenderer.
5.1 Any interested tenderers can submit their tenders for the attention of Herby Meth via e- mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5.2 Tenders must be submitted by no later than close of business, Friday 29 November 2019. Late submissions will not be considered.