From time to time, Sea Rescue assets such as boats and vehicles will be available for purchase. The funds raised from the sale of assets will help us fund new assets.
Please contact Phil Ress – firstname.lastname@example.org or 082 990 5953 for more details.
The Durban 10m Brede class Rescue boat is officially up for sale as it has been replaced by a newer class of SAR vessel. It is currently housed inside the rescue boat house on a launching cradle out of the water, her details are below:
- 10m Brede class Rescue vessel, around 9400 kg in weight
- Glass fibre construction
- Built 1984 in the UK by Lochin Marine for the RNLI
- 2 x 400 HP marine diesel MTU engines driving two ZF gearboxes, driving two shaft driven Bronze propellers.
- 1000 l of diesel in four fuel tanks
- Marine VHF radio
- Furuno chart plotter, radar, echo sounder
- Crew of 4
- Cabin space for 6 persons in the fwd cabin
- SAMSA Class B category
- Max Speed 24 knots, normal operational speed 18 to 20 knots weather depending.
Spares : (currently in our NSRI Store in Cape Town )
2 x 400 hp MTU engines with ZF gearboxes
Assorted spares for gearboxes and MTU 400 HP engines, starter motors, injector pumps, injectors etc
Asking price is R2 000 000 (negotiable)