We're giving away a Sealand duffel bag, with the inner lining customised with NSRI visuals, to the value of R1,350! All you have to do is enter at the posts on Facebook and Twitter. The competition will run from Monday 8 August and end on Sunday 25 September Winners will be announced on Friday 30 September. Please see below the terms and conditions:
NSRI Sealand Duffel Bag Giveaway
1. Please read the competition terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the NSRI Sealand Duffel Bag Giveaway promotional competition (“Competition”) conducted by the NSRI, situated at 2-4 Longclaw Drive, Milnerton, Cape Town, 7447 (“the NSRI”) (“Promoters”).
2. If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of the Terms contained herein, please do not enter the Competition. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that the Promoters decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable, substitutable, or exchangeable in any form. Entry implies acceptance of these Full Terms.
3. The Competition is organized by the NSRI (“Promoter”), and is open to all citizens and legal residents (provided that the entrant is also a resident in South Africa at the time of winning and receiving any Prize herein) of South Africa, who at the time of entering the Competition are over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document (in the case of residents, must also have a valid passport, South African bank account and necessary residency permission). Persons that are excluded from entering the Promotional Competition are any person who is a director, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant (“Associates”) of the Promoters and/or the NSRI, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, is employed by or is controlled by the Promoters, and/or immediate family members of Associates, who are indirectly or directly connected to or employed by any party in the aforementioned capacities or relationships. (“Disqualified Persons”).
4. The Competition will run from Monday 7 September and will end on Sunday 25 September (“Competition Duration”). To enter: Entrants must sign up to the NSRI using the form on Facebook, by clicking on SIGN UP below the promotion.
5. The Promoter reserves the right at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entrant and to remove Entries from the Competition that it finds or believes not to comply with the conditions above, or otherwise with these Official Competition Rules, or that seek to defraud the legitimate purpose of this Competition. Without limiting the generality of these Rules. Entries that are determined to be, or suspected to be, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, the subject of any scheme designed to compensate individuals for engaging in activities online that directly increases an Entrant’s chance of winning may be disqualified from the Competition and/or any associated Prize may be forfeited. Entries may also be disqualified, removed from the Competition, and any associated prize forfeit if the individual who submitted and Entry has engaged, or is suspected of engaging in, methods designed to affect the outcome of the draw for that Entry – or those of any other Entry – in violation of these Official Competition Rules, and to pursue all other applicable rights and remedies.
6. Winners are announced Friday 30 September 2022.
7. Any attempt to deliberately damage or interfere with the social media pages and website used in connection with the promotion or the information on it, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotional competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to applicable law) to disqualify and/or ban any individual who tampers with or attempts to subvert or interfere with the Promotion website or entry process or prize retrieval process.
8. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any technical failures, unauthorized intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, social media site downtime, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond the Promoter’s control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or to disqualify and/or ban any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused or has attempted to cause) the problem. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
9. The winner’s name and image may be published on the Promoters social media sites, and accordingly, by participating in this promotional competition, all entrants are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Promoters website, and of entrants mobile network service provider (where applicable) and by entering this Competition, entrants further allow the Promoter permission to publish his/her name and photograph on the Promoters Social Media pages.
10. The winner may be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and subject to the provision that the winner may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by the Promoter to do so.
11. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend or alter the Competition and its rules or prizes (not already awarded, to any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no entrant shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Promoter. No entrant shall have any recourse against the Promoter as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
12. Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons, will be declared invalid. If the Promoter is unable to reach any entrant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such entrant will be disqualified, and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner.
13. By entering this competition, entrants agree to receive marketing information from the NSRI.
14. All entrants are advised that in compliance with the laws of the countries in which the Promoters operate, the Promoters are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of entrants and winners for a period of 3 (three) years (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information to be retained by the Promoters includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winner’s acknowledgement of prize receipts. Accordingly, the Promoters will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the South African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Act”). Should any entrant and/or winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such entrant and/or winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
15. All queries in connection with this Promotional Competition should be directed to email@example.com.
Paddlers and a rowing boat assisted after winds pick up in Hout BayRead More
At 18h25, on Thursday, 29 September, NSRI Yzerfontein were alerted following reports from a local diver reporting that his dive partner, a local man aged in his 60’s, from Melkbosstrand, had gone missing while, it is believed that they may ...
At 17h09, Thursday, 29 September, NSRI EOC (Emergency Operations Centre) were alerted to reports from the National 112 emergency call centre of 2 teenagers (believed to be an 18-year-old male and a 16-year-old male), locals, who had gone missing while ...