Reporting to: Procurement Officer
Paterson Grading: B3
Remuneration: Gross Annual: R137 332 *
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% medical aid premium and 1% UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.
- A grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- 1 to 2 years related experience.
- Computer Literate – able to maintain an Excel Spreadsheet, use email, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, strong admin and organisational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Work hours are 08h30 to 16h30, Monday to Friday.
Responsible for receiving, storing, and issuing of goods against requisitions and recording these. Ensures that stock sheets are updated with daily issues and receipts and administers the daily movement and storage of goods.
Key Tasks include
- Receive goods and check that the correct type and quantity has been delivered, as per the waybill.
- Maintain an organised and efficient storage system.
- Correctly select and package any requested store items, and ensure goods are ready for dispatch to the correct destination (destination of goods clearly marked on packaging). Give feedback when goods have been dispatched.
- Receive dispatch instruction via email / POS system, and provide regular feedback and reporting as requested by the procurement officer.
- Perform regular stock takes of inventory and goods.
- Number, record received and dispatched assets and inventory items to the Asset and Inventory Register.
- Communicate with operation managers and station administrators.
- If no notification of appointment is received within 1 month from closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Applications will not be acknowledged, and no copies of supporting documents will be returned.
- Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
- Please give clear indication of availability. This is a Cape Town based job. Relocation is not offered.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org – Include subject as “Storeman”.
Applications close on 23rd April 2021.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.