Sea Rescue is looking to fulfill the position of a Communications and PR Manager
The National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa is a Not for Profit Company registered with Social Development as a Non-Profit Organisation. The organisation delivers Rescue Services along 3000km of coastline through 42 Stations with over 1300 volunteers.
The Head Office is in Cape Town where 150 permanent personnel are managed.
Salary: Market Related
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% medical aid premium and 1% UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.
- Tertiary degree in a relevant field (journalism, marketing, communications, etc.)
- MS Office Suite
- 5 years’ experience in a marketing, PR or communications related role
Experience and Duties:
- Plan and implement effective Communications, PR and Marketing strategies and implementation plans that are aligned with the organisation’s overall strategies.
- Excellent media and influencer relations and contacts in order to develop and guide media strategies. Manage media enquiries and arrange interviews, source quotes and commentary on behalf of the organization.
- Push media placements and pitch stories; create on-brand marketing communication and correspondence.
- Source and manage speaking opportunities for the organisation.
- Respond to time sensitive communications deliverables working swiftly to support the management team.
- Support social media and inform the content strategy.
- Create positive coverage for the organisation across national and international media platforms.
Manage partner agencies:
- Ensure that weekly status meetings are held, and managed with all creative and media agencies. Brief and manage campaigns and projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure messaging aligns with the organisations strategies.
Report, track and measure:
- Analyze campaign results and report back on the success of campaigns.
- Develop insights and optimise work for best results.
- Monthly reporting of PR and campaign results.
Writing skills (very important):
- Experience in writing press releases/blogs; proofing and writing copy for social media and other campaign content.
- Engage with NSRI staff, volunteers, and stakeholders to develop storytelling and content.
- Write clear briefs for our internal designer and manage the development of campaign content.
Passionate about integrated communications:
- Work closely with the marketing manager to develop and drive integrated campaigns across digital, ATL and through PR.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and contactable references to email@example.com – Include subject as “Communications and PR Manager”
Applications close on 30 April 2021.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.