Reporting to: Procurement Officer
Paterson Grading: B4
Remuneration: Gross Annual R 160 940
*The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include
7% pension, 50% medical aid premium and 1% UIF. Benefits over and above
the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted. Requirements
- A grade 12 or equivalent qualification.
- An EB license, or higher (with ability and experience in towing a heavy trailer).
- 4 years related experience.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, organisational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of NSRI processes and volunteer experience is preferred.
Responsible for transporting goods, products, vessels, personnel and vehicles to and from specified destinations. Related administrative tasks, such as ensuring goods to be collected / equipment serviced are in order upon pick up is included in the purpose of the job. Responsible for arranging scheduling and effective discharge of duties. Job will require that competence in performing tasks not usually required of a pure driver be done (e.g. fitting a capsize cylinder to a vessel, upon delivery of same or performing a vehicle / vessel handover ). The job includes working on weekends and times outside of normal work hours.Key Tasks include
- Transport goods to and from suppliers and service agents.
- Collect and drop off personnel at various locations, including weekends and times outside of normal working hours (e.g. very early mornings, late at night or on weekends).
- Arrange correct and safe loading, securing and transporting of goods / vessels for transport and delivery to and from training locations around the country.
- Ensure that vehicles and trailers are maintained, licensed and serviced according to schedule.
- Assist with the loading and offloading of goods and dispatch items.
- Assist the training team, as well as the procurement function with semi-related tasks, such as packing / moving, etc. when required.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and contactable references to email@example.com
- If no notification of appointment is received within 1 month from closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Applications will not be acknowledged, and no copies of supporting documents will be returned.
- Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
- Please give clear indication of availability. This is a Cape Town based job. Relocation is not offered.
– Include subject as “Driver
”Applications close on 22 Feb 2021. Appointment date: March 2021.NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.