National Sea Rescue Institute
Position: Executive Director: Rescue Operations
Salary: R907500 (includes 13th Cheque) per annum excluding Pension, Medical Aid.
Grade Paterson E2
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Background: The National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa is a Not for Profit Company registered with Social Development as a Non-Profit Organization.
The organization delivers Sea Rescue Services along 3000km of coastline through 41 Stations, 1261 Volunteers and 106 Rescue Craft. The NSRI also has a Drowning Prevention directorate that provides Water Safety and Survival Swimming skills training with the objective of improving water safety and preventing drowning.
The Head Office is in Cape Town where 144 permanent personnel are managed.
• The Strategic and Executive Leadership of Rescue Operations (Maritime Rescue and Lifeguarding) within the National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa.
• Efficient and effective Rescue Operations Management which is one of the core mandates of the organization.
• Strategic positioning and management of Rescue Operations.
• Fulfilling the Generic Components of Management
o Monitoring/Information Management
Candidate requirements: Qualification and Experience
• Relevant tertiary education
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in a related field with contactable executive references.
• Evidence of Capacity for Operational Management with a strong people focus.
• Portfolio of Experience
• Communication in English
• Good judgement
• Change management
• Strategic Thinking
• Financial literacy
• Data Analysis and Reporting
How to apply: Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: (see response email below).
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “NSRI Rescue Operations Director” in the email subject line.
The NSRI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
The deadline for applications is 28th February 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a two-stage application process (Short Listing and Interview) which means that candidates that fully meet the criteria above will be subsequently asked to attend an interview. This is a Board Committee appointed post and interviews will be conducted by the Human Capital Committee of the Sea Rescue Governance Board.
Contact person: Mark Koning
Response email: email@example.com
Preferred method of response: Email
Closing date: 28th February 2020
Job reference number: 3/2020