Vacancy: NSRI Rescue Swimmer Area Manager: Saldanha Municipality
To manage the water safety and rescue swimmer teams at the designated beaches at Saldanha, Paternoster and St Helena Bay
Interviews: 18 – 19 October
Training: 11 – 16 November
Seasonal Contract: 18 November 2019 – 16 Jan 2020
Duty Hours: 10:00 – 18:00 with overtime paid per hour when assigned by the project manager.
Remuneration is R600 per duty day (excluding training where only lunch will be provided)
Applicants must have strong leadership and managerial qualities
- Strong leadership qualities
- 20 years or older
- Must reside in the Saldanha municipal area and be able to get to Saldanha, Paternoster and St Helena Bay
- Must pass a pre-employment and thereafter regular medical and drug/alcohol test
- Previous experience as a lifeguard/ rescue manager is an advantage
- Valid drivers licence
Key Responsibility Areas:
Manage the needs of the beach safety teams and ensure that the project is running effectively at all three beaches.
- On a daily basis ensure that the Saldanha beach safety project is running efficiently
- Manage the needs of the beach safety units at Saldanha beach, Paternoster and St Helena Bay.
- Manage discipline of the beach safety teams at all 3 Saldanha water safety sites.
- Co-ordinate emergencies
- Having responsibility for the oversight of standards pertaining to the uniform, discipline, and the preservation of disciplinary integrity as well as the related documentation.
- Manage the equipment at all 3 Saldanha water safety sites
- Conduct at least 3 unscheduled site visits of each unit per week.
- Do regular drug and alcohol tests on the beach teams.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed and uploaded on a daily basis.
The Rescue Swimmer area manager will report to the Lifeguard Coordinator.
Successful applicants will undergo continuous fitness training, assessments as well as drug and alcohol testing. Incumbents must be willing to work overtime when required and able to update reports after the duty day.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
At Sea Rescue we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including, but not limited to, a criminal records disclosure.
Please send a CV to: email@example.com with the subject line:
Rescue Swimmer Unit manager: Saldanha