Water safety and rescue swimmer patrol duties at the designated beaches and dams in the Cederberg Municipal area to maintain the safety of the public.Vacancies at Lamberts Bay, Clanwilliam Dam and Elands Bay.
Interviews: 20 OctoberTraining: 11 – 16 NovemberApplicants who successfully pass the training have a potential to be hired for the season.Seasonal Contract: 18 November 2019 – 15 Jan 2020Duty Hours: 10:00 – 18:00 with overtime paid per hour when assigned by the managerRemuneration is R350 per duty day for beach patrollers and R400 per duty day for Rescue Swimmers (excluding training where only lunch will be provided)Applicants must have good fitness and swimming ability which will be tested on the interview day.Requirements:
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Good swimming and fitness ability
- 16 years or older
- Must reside in the Cederberg municipal area and be able to get to the patrol area daily.
- Must pass a pre-employment and thereafter regular medical and drug/alcohol test
- Previous experience as a lifeguard is an advantage
Performing safety patrol duties at Lamberts Bay, Elands Bay or Clanwilliam Dam.
- Educating the public on dangerous and hazardous areas.
- Perform pro-active safety patrolling. Conducting and/or assisting with rescues, rendering first aid.
- Setting out the safe swimming area promptly with all the required equipment as instructed and on time.
- Helping with lost children and assist authorities with uniting them with their parents or guardians, in conjunction with Law Enforcement.
- Attending all training courses, seminars and missions as instructed by superiors and doing regular skills and fitness training as per the organisations requirements.
- Upholding the professional image of the NSRI by maintaining a courteous relationship with the public at all times.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed and uploaded on a daily basis.
Surf rescue swimmers will report directly to the Team Leader and Surf Rescue Manager. Successful applicants will undergo continuous fitness training, assessments as well as drug and alcohol testing. Incumbents must be willing to work overtime when required and approved by the Surf Rescue Manager.NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.At Sea Rescue we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including, but not limited to, a criminal records disclosure.Please send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line: Rescue Swimmer: CederbergOr Phone Nicole: 0719361808