Vacancy: Technical Support Reporting to: IT Manager Paterson Grading: B4
Remuneration: Gross Annual R 159 624*
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% medical aid premium and 1% UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.
• A grade 12 or equivalent qualification
• An interest in IT solutions with the intention of building a career at Sea Rescue
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft products including Windows, Dynamics 365, Dynamics NAV, Office 365 and SharePoint
• A good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other ICT related products
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
• Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Team Viewer)• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, strong admin and organisational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• Candidate must either have, or be prepared to undergo an A+ certification
• Preferably have a driver’s licenceJob PurposeEnsure that the company staff, volunteers and stations are supported with any IT related queries.
Key Tasks include
● Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and install applications and programs to Sea Rescue standard following the IT policies in place
● Resolving network issues
● Configuring operating systems
● Using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support
● Use email and Team Viewer to give end users quick answers to simple IT issues
● For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals
● Number, record assets to Asset Register
● If no notification of appointment is received within 1 month from closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
● Applications will not be acknowledged, and no copies of supporting documents will be returned.
● Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
● Please give clear indication of availability. This is a Cape Town based job. Relocation is not offered.Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject heading “IT Support”.
Applications close on Thursday 8 August 2019. Appointment date: 01 September 2019 (or earlier, depending on availability).
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Safety Event Guideline: Safe Watersport Event Management in South AfricaRead More
At 14h20, Friday, 17 September, NSRI Hartbeespoort Dam duty crew were activated following multiple eye-witness reports of a dog in the middle of Hartbeespoort Dam and appearing to be in difficulty swimming in the direction from Mariners Village, Kosmos, towards Pecanwood. ...
At 09h46, Friday, 17 September, NSRI Yzerfontein duty crew and the SA Police Services were activated following reports from a local fishing vessel that they were heading towards Yzerfontein harbour with 8 crew onboard of which 2 crewmen were suspected to be deceased. ...
Stories of dedication, selflessness, bravery and innovation dominated the International Maritime Rescue Federation (IMRF) Awards ceremony today with the NSRI winning two international awards. ...