Vacancy: Technical Support
Reporting to: IT Manager
Paterson Grading: B4
Remuneration: Gross Annual R 159 624*
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% medical aid premium and 1% UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.
• A grade 12 or equivalent qualification
• An interest in IT solutions with the intention of building a career at Sea Rescue
• Hands-on experience with Microsoft products including Windows, Dynamics 365, Dynamics NAV, Office 365 and SharePoint
• A good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other ICT related products
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
• Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (e.g. Team Viewer)
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, strong admin and organisational skills, as well as accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
• Candidate must either have, or be prepared to undergo an A+ certification
• Preferably have a driver’s licence
Ensure that the company staff, volunteers and stations are supported with any IT related queries.
Key Tasks include
● Diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware problems and install applications and programs to Sea Rescue standard following the IT policies in place
● Resolving network issues
● Configuring operating systems
● Using remote desktop connections to provide immediate support
● Use email and Team Viewer to give end users quick answers to simple IT issues
● For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals
● Number, record assets to Asset Register
● If no notification of appointment is received within 1 month from closing date please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
● Applications will not be acknowledged, and no copies of supporting documents will be returned.
● Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
● Please give clear indication of availability. This is a Cape Town based job. Relocation is not offered.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject heading “IT Support”.
Applications close on Thursday 8 August 2019. Appointment date: 01 September 2019 (or earlier, depending on availability).
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.