Sea Rescue is looking to fulfill the position of:
Executive Director: Fundraising and Marketing
The National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa is a Not for Profit Company registered with Social Development as a Non-Profit Organization. The organization delivers Sea Rescue Services along 3000km of coastline through 41 Stations, 1261 Volunteers and 106 Rescue Craft.
The Head Office is in Cape Town where 144 permanent personnel are managed.
Salary: R935 983 (includes 13th Cheque) per annum excluding Pension, Medical Aid, Vehicle
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
• The Strategic and Executive Leadership of Fundraising and Marketing within the National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa.
• Efficient and effective fundraising and marketing which supports the sustainability of the organization.
• Strategic positioning and management of the Brand and Reputation of Sea Rescue.
• Policy leadership in respect of public and organizational communication including the Social Media interface.
• Fulfilling the Generic Components of Management iro Fundraising and Marketing
o Monitoring/Information Management
Qualification and Experience
• A relevant bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in a related field with contactable executive references.
• Evidence of Substantial Fundraising Capacity.
• Portfolio of Marketing/Brand Management Achievements/Projects
• Communication in multiple languages English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa/IsiZulu
• Good judgement
• Change management
• Strategic Thinking
• Financial literacy
• Data Analysis and Reporting
• Familiarity with Enterprise Customer Relationship Management Systems (MS DYNAMIX)
How to apply:
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: (see response email below).
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “NSRI Director Fundraising” in the email subject line.
The NSRI is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
The deadline for applications is 30th April 2019.
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a two-stage application process (Short Listing and Interview) which means that candidates that fully meet the criteria above will be subsequently asked to attend an interview. This is a Board Committee appointed post and interviews will be conducted by the Human Capital Committee of the Sea Rescue Governance Board.