VACANCY: Drowning Prevention Coordinator
PATERSON GRADING: C5
REMUNERATION: Gross Annual – R 366 366*
- We are looking for a Drowning Prevention Coordinator to coordinate our various Drowning Prevention strategies including Water Safety Education for Children, Survival Swimming and Pink Rescue Buoy programmes.
- An ability to multi-task and problem solve, as well as the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds is required.
- The job will include improving and monitoring the NSRI’s Water Safety program, refining and finalising our Survival Swimming manual /program and the monitoring and expanding our Pink Rescue Buoy program.
- It will also include presenting drowning prevention strategies to diverse groups of people around the country in support of the vision, mission and strategy of the institute.
- This position will report to the Drowning Prevention Manager.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE:
- The post is suited to a person with leadership qualities who is diligent.
- Discipline, strong administrative and communication skills are a must.
- Computer literacy is essential, with a proven ability with Microsoft products especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel where the use of formulas is expected.
- Working knowledge of Google Earth will be expected.
- Course management, development and presentation skills (planning, leading, designing, organising, communication).
- Course content development and presentation (online / manuals)
- Writing media releases.
- The ability to present to various groups including adults and children around South Africa is a must.
- The ideal candidate should have a matric, as well as a diploma or degree and two years’ experience in administration and / or teaching and/ or another relevant field.
- The successful candidate must have a police clearance certificate.
- Driver’s license required. PDP will be an advantage.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applications close on 22 March 2019. Appointment Date: 1 May 2019. This is a Cape Town based position and relocation expenses are not offered.
*The Gross Annual Amount includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% of the monthly medical aid premium and 1 % UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1 % UIF, as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.
Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for the post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and 3 contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line : Drowning Prevention Coordinator: Cape Town