VACANCY: Drowning Prevention Coordinator
PATERSON GRADING: C5REMUNERATION: Gross Annual - R 366 366*DESCRIPTION:
- We are looking for a Drowning Prevention Coordinator to coordinate our various Drowning Prevention strategies including Water Safety Education for Children, Survival Swimming and Pink Rescue Buoy programmes.
- An ability to multi-task and problem solve, as well as the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds is required.
- The job will include improving and monitoring the NSRI's Water Safety program, refining and finalising our Survival Swimming manual /program and the monitoring and expanding our Pink Rescue Buoy program.
- It will also include presenting drowning prevention strategies to diverse groups of people around the country in support of the vision, mission and strategy of the institute.
- This position will report to the Drowning Prevention Manager.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE:
- The post is suited to a person with leadership qualities who is diligent.
- Discipline, strong administrative and communication skills are a must.
- Computer literacy is essential, with a proven ability with Microsoft products especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel where the use of formulas is expected.
- Working knowledge of Google Earth will be expected.
- Course management, development and presentation skills (planning, leading, designing, organising, communication).
- Course content development and presentation (online / manuals)
- Writing media releases.
- The ability to present to various groups including adults and children around South Africa is a must.
- The ideal candidate should have a matric, as well as a diploma or degree and two years’ experience in administration and / or teaching and/ or another relevant field.
- The successful candidate must have a police clearance certificate.
- Driver’s license required. PDP will be an advantage.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview
. Applications close on 22 March 2019. Appointment Date: 1 May 2019. This is a Cape Town based position and relocation expenses are not offered.*The Gross Annual Amount includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include
7% pension, 50% of the monthly medical aid premium and 1 % UIF. Benefits over and above
the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1 % UIF, as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for the post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and 3 contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line : Drowning Prevention Coordinator: Cape Town