VACANCY: Training Officer (practical)
PATERSON GRADING: C4
REMUNERATION: Gross Annual – R 303 827*
- Sea Rescue is looking to appoint a Training Officer to conduct practical and theoretical training and assessment of internal volunteer crew, as well as external public.
- Reporting to the Training Manager, and working with various station training officers, the incumbent will be responsible for assessing, practically implementing and maintaining a high standard for both classroom based theoretical training courses as well the practical training.
- The incumbent will be responsible for planning, organising, leading and directing various courses.
- This is a full time, Cape Town based position, where working hours are not structured on a typical Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm cycle.
- This position calls for a lot of flexibility with most of the training being scheduled on weekends and after hours.
- The job will involve extensive travelling to stations nationwide to evaluate, assess and mentor volunteers.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Relevant training qualifications.
- A proven track record of training and mentoring adults.
- Familiarised themselves with the NSRI eLearning academy, in order to train stations to use the tools effectively.
- A class 3 Coxswain ticket is required, along with a driver’s license (preferably code EB or higher).
- 5 years’ service at Sea Rescue or a similar marine based organisation with a focus on practical marine training
- Served in a leadership position and have embraced the goals and values of the Institute.
- Character traits should include enthusiasm, integrity, patience, self-control, loyalty, confidentiality and a positive outlook on life.
Please submit a CV together with a letter of motivation and three contactable references to email@example.com
Applications close on 20 January 2019. Appointment Date: 1 March 2019.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
*The Gross Annual Amount includes 13 cheques / pays. Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% of the monthly medical aid premium and 1 % UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1 % UIF, as well as death and disability cover. Errors & Omissions Excepted.