We are expanding our schools water safety program and have a vacancy for a water safety instructor who will work a half day (during school hours) in the Eden municipality on the Garden Route teaching water safety. Students will primarily be primary school children, but adults and high-schools will also need to be targeted. This is a Garden Route based job. Relocation is not offered.
The successful candidate should have a matric certificate and it will be an advantage to be fluent in Afrikaans, isiXhosa and English. The successful candidate must be able to swim and having a swimming teaching background/qualification will be advantageous. The work is focused during school hours, although may sometimes be out of these hours. The successful candidate must be willing to have flexible hours, and to travel regularly within the region.
The applicant should:
- Be passionate about teaching disadvantaged youth and adults about water safety
- Be comfortable with public speaking and be an excellent communicator
- Have own smart phone and access to the internet
- Be computer literate
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Be willing to travel to schools daily, including outlying farm schools and towns
- Be able to swim and be willing to teach children to swim
- Be dedicated, self-motivated, reliable and able to work independently
- Have a police clearance certificate
The NSRI Water Safety Instructor Job description includes:
- Educating children about water safety, peer rescue and CPR
- Reaching targets in both quantity and quality of our water safety lesson
- Public speaker at schools, targeting mainly primary schools but includes high schools and Ante-Natal clinics.
- Finding and making appointments at schools and clinics to teach our water safety lesson to children and mothers.
- Accurate statistic keeping for both paper and online records.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on drowning incidents in the area
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: Friday, 15 February 2019. Start date 01 March 2019 negotiable. Please give clear indication of availability.
Reporting to: National Water Safety Team Leader
Patterson Grading: C1
Remuneration: R122 900 (half day post)
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. 7% pension and 50% medical aid premium are optional and 1% UIF will be deducted. Benefits over and above the annual amount can include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & omissions excepted.
Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for the post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and 3 contactable references to email@example.com with the subject line : Water safety instructor – Eden