We are expanding our schools water safety program and have a vacancy for a water safety instructor who will work a half day in the Durban area teaching water safety. Applicants should be open to the possibility of a full day position, with the potential addition of a half day survival swimming position being added to the water safety classes. This is a Durban based job. Relocation is not offered.
The successful candidate should have a matric certificate and it will be an advantage to be fluent in isiZulu and English. The successful candidate must be able to swim and having a swimming teaching background/qualification will be advantageous. The work is focused on school children but will include speaking engagements / water safety presentations with adults. The successful candidate must be willing to have flexible hours, and to travel regularly within the region.
The applicant should:
- Be passionate about teaching disadvantaged youth and adults about water safety
- Be comfortable with public speaking and be an excellent communicator
- Have own smart phone and access to the internet
- Be computer literate
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Be willing to travel to schools daily, including outlying farm schools and towns
- Be able to swim and be willing to teach children to swim
- Be dedicated, self-motivated, reliable and able to work independently
- Have a police clearance certificate
The NSRI Water Safety Instructor Job description includes:
- Educating children about water safety, peer rescue and CPR
- Reaching targets in both quantity and quality of our water safety lesson
- Public speaker at schools, targeting mainly primary schools but including high schools, Ante-Natal clinics and other adult groups.
- Finding and making appointments at schools and clinics to teach our water safety lesson to the children and mothers
- Teaching NSRI’s Survival Swimming to targeted children
- Accurate statistic keeping for both paper and online records
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on drowning incidents in the area
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: Friday, 15 February 2019. Start date 01 March 2019 negotiable. Please give clear indication of availability.
Reporting to: Regional Water Safety Team Leader / National team leader
Patterson Grading: C1
Remuneration: R122 900 (half day post)
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. Optional deductions include 7% pension, 50% medical aid premium and 1% UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & omissions excepted.
Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for the post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and 3 contactable references to email@example.com with the subject line : Water safety instructor – Durban