We are expanding our drowning prevention team and have a vacancy for a Drowning Prevention Administrator who will work a half day in our Cape Town head office. This is a Cape Town based job. Relocation is not offered.
The successful candidate should have a matric certificate and it will be an advantage to be fluent in Afrikaans or isiXhosa and English. A driver’s license, own vehicle and other administrative experience will be an advantage.
The applicant should:
- Be innovative and passionate about drowning prevention
- Have strong administrative knowledge
- Be computer literate (strong Excel skills and familiar with Word, SharePoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Google Earth
- Be able and prepared to teach water safety to school children and adults
- Be able to swim, and be willing and able to participate in swim training
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a valid driver’s license and ability to drive a bakkie if necessary
- Be willing to drive to local suppliers
- Be dedicated, reliable and able to work independently
- Effective time management is critical
- Have a police clearance certificate
- Have strong administration as well as verbal and written presentation skills
The NSRI Drowning Prevention Administrator job description includes:
- Conduct and facilitate deployment of Pink Rescue Buoy programme with NSRI station commanders around the country, municipalities, and other interested parties including sponsors.
- Manage manufacture and delivery of Pink Rescue Buoys, including stock takes.
- Create and monitor reports on the Pink Rescue Buoys and Drowning Statistics.
- Maintain a registry of listed drowning nationwide in order to facilitate data analysis.
- Effectively carry out any additional tasks requested related to Drowning Prevention, including Water Safety and Survival Swimming lessons when required.
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: Friday, 15 February 2019. Start date 1 March 2019 negotiable. Please give clear indication of availability.
Reporting to: Drowning Prevention Coordinator
Patterson Grading: C2
Remuneration: R140 228 (half day post)
The gross annual includes 13 cheques / pays. 7% pension and 50% medical aid premium are optional and 1% UIF will be deducted. Benefits over and above the annual amount can include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1% UIF as well as death and disability cover. Errors & omissions excepted.
Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for the post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
Please send a letter of introduction together with your CV and 3 contactable references to email@example.com with the subject line : Drowning Prevention Administrator : Cape Town