We are expanding our schools water safety program and have a vacancy for an instructor who will work in the West Coast District Municipality teaching water safety to primary school children in towns and at farm schools from Malmesbury to Lutzville.
Sea Rescue Water Safety Instructor
Paterson Grading C1
The successful candidate should have a matric certificate and it will be an advantage to be fluent in Afrikaans and English. The successful applicant must be able to work during school hours and be willing to travel regularly within the region.
The applicant should:
- Be passionate about teaching disadvantaged children about water safety
- Be comfortable with public speaking and be an excellent communicator
- Have own smart phone and access to the internet
- Have a valid drivers license
- Be willing to travel to schools daily, including outlying farm schools and towns
- Be willing to stay overnight in towns away from home
- Be dedicated, reliable and able to work independently
- Have a police clearance certificate
The NSRI Water Safety Instructor Job description includes:
- Educating children about water safety, peer rescue and CPR
- Reaching targets in both quantity and quality of our water safety lesson
- Public talks/speaker at schools, targeting mainly primary schools but may include other groups
- Finding schools and making appointments to teach the water safety lesson to the children
- Accurate statistic keeping for both paper and online records
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on drowning incidents in the area
NSRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Please send a one page letter of motivation and a two page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing date for applications: 15 June 2018