We have completed our recruitment cycle and welcome the following people who will join our head office team in March/April.
In the Fundraising and Marketing Team:
Fundraiser – Government and State Owned Enterprises
- Liza Rossouw has been promoted into this position. She will focus on increasing our support through municipal grants as well as Provincial and National Government departments. Lotto, ACSA, TNPA and SAMSA will also fall in her portfolio.
- Kelly Cowell will be a support function for our fundraising team, she will help us negotiate free accommodation and venues, seek out prizes and gifts in kind, assist at events and she will share duties in reception in the afternoons
- Wendy Bululu will take over Liza’s responsibilities setting up online fundraising campaigns through GivenGain, growing our database, developing fundraising proposals and reports. She will also spend time in our reception area – it is the ideal place to meet our funders, volunteers and supporters.
Bequest Officers for our Life Boat Club
- Helen Wienand will manage Durban South and the South Coast including Shelly Beach and Port Edward. (Janet Burgess manages Durban North and North Coast)
- We still have a vacancy to fill in Port Elizabeth and Jhb/Pretoria
- Elaine Aquadro will be retiring and we are currently recruiting to replace her in the Cape Town Southern Suburbs
In the Operations Team:
Training and Logistics Assistants
- Mark Benecke joined Station 16 Strandfontein in 2007 at the age of 16. He works as a lifeguard for the City of Cape Town and in 2014 and 2015 he had the opportunity to work as a lifeguard for a hotel group in Dubai.
- Bianca van Zyl joined Station 20 Shelly Beach in 2005, also at the age of 16, she later moved to Station 32 Port Edward and then Station 23 Wilderness. She is currently practicing as a personal trainer and she will be relocating to Cape Town.
WaterWise Academy Instructors
- Nelisiwe Mntambo – will cover the Orange farm / Sebokeng area.
- Ruahn Beattie – will cover the KZN South Coast (Uvongo) area.
- Slindile Mthethwa – will cover the KZN North Coast (Zinkwazi) area.
We will get everyone together for a photo once they join. We wish them all a long and happy career with Sea Rescue.