Fundraisers needed to support our volunteers
While our NSRI crews are out at sea saving lives, we have a full-time team raising funds to support their rescue work. If you have excellent communication skills, good references and are goal oriented you may be a good candidate. You must be a team player, motivated, energetic and have good interpersonal skills.
Our call centre is based in Milnerton, Cape Town, on the bus route. We also have teams that promote NSRI, face to face, in shopping centres in the major cities. If you have no previous fundraising experience – we will train you.
To apply, please call Lianne on 021 430 4732
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - - - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
This function provides administrative and clerical support to the fundraising department at NSRI head office in Three Anchor Bay.
The responsibilities include:
- Data capture – efficient typing speed, accuracy and attention to detail are essential skills
- Mail shots – must have experience working with databases, MS Word, mail merge and be able to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- Donor liaison – good verbal and written communication skills, and a pleasant telephone manner
- Banking – proven track record working with figures and working with cash
- Excellent computer skills and previous experience working in an office environment
- Commitment to the principles of confidentiality
- Positive approach and strong work ethic
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
Start date: 1 May or 1 June 2013
Please send a one page covering letter of motivation including your salary expectation + 3 contactable references together with your CV to email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Our rescue crew are all unpaid volunteers who are on standby for duty. To find out more about our volunteer programme please visit http://www.nsri.org.za/ways-to-support-us/volunteer/
Volunteers are unpaid not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.